- People like numbers and really love lists, especially bulleted lists.
- Numbers promise bite-sized, easier-to-digest chunks of information.
- Lists are short and sweet, and cluster similar ideas for greater impact.
- Headlines that list a number make a concrete and credible promise.
- Lists are specific and quantifiable, which convey greater authority.
- Bullets are easier to scan but easier to grab the reader's attention.
- Lists are finite so they seem pithier and more efficient to read.
- People remember numbers more since they help to “hook” in the mind.
- Obscure numbers like 13 or 27 can catch readers' attention better.
- They often increase SEO because numbers come before the alphabet.
Michel Fortin is a senior marketing specialist, renowned copywriter, and digital marketing expert. For the better part of 30 years, he's produced countless successful marketing communications and profitable campaigns that generated in excess of $300 million in sales. He's broken many industry sales records, including being instrumental behind the first ever “million-dollar day” online marketing campaign in 2004. He's worked with thousands of businesses and entrepreneurs around the world in a wide variety of industries on building their businesses, improving their marketing, and increasing their profits. He's a published author and often speaks at industry events. To connect with him, visit his LinkedIn profile where he is most active.