- People like numbers and really love lists, especially bulleted lists.
- Numbers promise bite-sized, easier-to-digest chunks of information.
- Lists are short and sweet, and cluster similar ideas for greater impact.
- Headlines that list a number make a concrete and credible promise.
- Lists are specific and quantifiable, which convey greater authority.
- Bullets are easier to scan but easier to grab the reader's attention.
- Lists are finite so they seem pithier and more efficient to read.
- People remember numbers more since they help to “hook” in the mind.
- Obscure numbers like 13 or 27 can catch readers' attention better.
- They often increase SEO because numbers come before the alphabet.
Michel Fortin is a certified digital marketing expert and renowned copywriter who specializes in a unique combination of SEO, CRO, and UX to improve traffic, leads, and revenue for his clients. For the better part of 30 years, he's produced countless wins, generating in excess of $300 million in sales and results that have broken many industry records. He has worked with thousands of businesses ranging from individual entrepreneurs to enterprise-level multinational companies. He's the author of two top-selling books and often speaks at industry events. To connect with him, visit his LinkedIn profile where he is most active.