As a young marketing consultant in the early 90s, one of my first clients was a hair transplant clinic. I created their marketing materials, from full-page display ads to late-night TV infomercials. In 1992, I also created their first website.
Word got around and, eventually, other plastic surgeons hired me. Seeing a trend, I decided to brand myself as "The Success Doctor," which became the name of my first consultancy in 1995.
By 1997, I launched my own website and became the editor for one of the world's first-ever Internet marketing training companies. I subsequently wrote books and training programs that grew to 76,000 subscribers.
Since then, I've pioneered many game-changing marketing strategies that are now commonplace. I've broken several industry sales records and was directly instrumental in generating over $300 million for my clients.
Over the course of my career, I've worked with clients from around the world, from local clinics to busy Google-Partnered marketing agencies. I've produced thousands of top rankings and developed hundreds of profitable websites.
Here are some example results:
- An award-winning dermatologist received a 700% increase in targeted traffic within weeks following a complete site redesign and migration.
- A world-renowned cosmetic professional received a 1,600% increase in traffic and $342,000 in sales after relaunching their website.
- A medical weightloss company recouped an estimated $420,000 after revamping its content architecture and user experience (UX).
- A hair transplant clinic grew by 480% in the first year, and within two years expanded to open 12 new clinics internationally (USA and Canada).
Today, I specialize in SEO for plastic surgeons, cosmetic surgeons, and medical aesthetic clinics. I'm also Director of Search Marketing at the award-winning digital marketing agency seoplus+ with offices across Canada and the USA.
- Business Administration/Marketing (College)
- CPD-Accredited Mini MBA (Online)
- Business Ethics (Diploma)
- Google Search (Certification)
- Google Analytics (Certification)
- Google Tag Manager (Certification)
- SEO For Ecommerce (Certification)
- Advanced SEO Strategies (Certification)
- Advanced Google Analytics (Certification)
- Marketing Analytics (Certification)
- Data-Driven Storytelling (Certification)
- Secret Clearance Level II (Canada)
You get a stronger online presence and productive search marketing strategy from a passionate, well-rounded SEO professional who intimately understands your practice, your industry, and your goals. Here's why:
- I love this industry and the work I do. Ever since my first plastic surgery client in 1992, I genuinely get excited with every client I work with to help them drive more traffic and attract more patients.
- I specialize in plastic surgery SEO. Unlike other consultants or agencies that dabble in it (and in everything else), my work focuses on SEO for cosmetic surgeons, plastic surgeons, and medical aesthetic clinics.
- I have a rare skillset clients find valuable. I'm both artistic and analytical. The artist in me loves to create and strategize, while the geek in me loves to code, audit, and research. SEO consulting is perfect for that reason.
- I know the limitations doctors face. Cosmetic medicine is a competitive, tough, and highly regulated industry. I have a strong understanding of the many marketing and compliance challenges doctors must deal with.
- I draw from 30 years of experience. I was marketing on the Internet before the Internet was a thing. Since then, I've had the privilege of working with countless clients in helping them grow their practices.
In essence, you get a senior cosmetic and plastic surgery SEO strategist who gets you, understands your business, and will help you grow in an effective and ethical way. Schedule a free fit-finding call and let's see if I can help.
One of my favorite memories as a child was spending most of my free time dialing up bulletin board services. I played role-playing games and learned to code using a text-based browser and a very slow 300-baud modem.
Since then, I continue to deepen and refine my skills with that same childlike curiosity. I'm also perfectly bilingual and worked with several francophone clients, too, including plastic surgeons in Montréal, Québec.
When I'm not busy working, I play drums, gig professionally with several bands, act in a murder mystery theater, compete as a powerlifter, and work with local charities. I'm also recently vegan, both in diet and in lifestyle.
Today, I live and work near Ottawa, Ontario (Canada) with my wife Barbara, my step-daughter Alicia, our dog Rudy, and our rambunctious cats Tula, Merlin, and Yams. Find out what I'm doing now, what I'm looking for, and what interests me.