I'm currently Director of Communications and Digital Operations at SEO TWIST, Inc., a full-service digital marketing agency that's also a Premier Google Partner, Facebook Partner, and Shopify Partner. I manage the digital marketing communications, information systems, and digital assets of clients ranging from small businesses to multinationals. I manage a creative team of writers, analysts, developers, and engineers, and oversee the agency's digital operations, information systems, and technology and productivity tools.
I’m also President and co-owner of Supportibles, Inc. (formerly Workaholics4Hire), an outsourced customer support solutions and backoffice business process services provider. I lead a team comprised of 40 staff members, and over 200 virtual assistants and remote workers, all offering support solutions and services randing from front-desk customer service to complex technical support. We handle an average volume of over 15,000 support cases daily with clients in a variety of industries and verticals.
I hold several Google Certifications (i.e., Search, Analytics, and AdWords) and am a member of several industry associations. For close to 25 years, I’ve been a copywriter and consultant specializing in marketing communications and digital marketing strategy, including SEO, SEM, PPC, and SMM. My most salient skills include being a marketing writer and strategist, and a WordPress expert and Internet specialist. I've been online for over 40 years, even before the “Internet,” and wrote my first program at 13.
My solid technical experience and proven people skills, along with my marketing acumen, have allowed me to consult thousands of different businesses in a wide variety of industries. I was instrumental in writing the campaign that sold the first ever one million dollars of digital products in one day online (2004). I was featured in numerous national publications, TV shows, and radio programs. As a public speaker, I’ve trained tens of thousands of people all over the globe to audiences as large as 10,000 people.
I'm the author of several books (over 300,000 copies sold or distributed), and hundreds of published articles. I'm also the webmaster of over 100 websites. I'm fluently bilingual in French and English, with some basic Portuguese. I'm also a WordPress geek, and well-versed in IT/IS processes, cloud-based services, languages (such as PHP, HTML, JS, and CSS), and in technology tools (such as ERP, CRM, SaaS, productivity tools, and more).
Finally, in addition to speaking at WordCamp Ottawa and other industry events, for several years I was also a part-time faculty member of Algonquin College's School of Business. Within their Business Marketing Management program, I taught and developed curriculum for classes such as Marketing Principles, Marketing Communications, Marketing Management, Professional Selling, eCommerce, and Web Design.
March 2016 – Today
Director of Communications and Digital Operations
Manage digital marketing communications at an SEO agency and technology needs for launching digital campaigns. My tasks include:
- Collaborate, conceptualize, and implement ideas for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Identify and analyse metrics, keywords, competition, markets, and campaign KPIs.
- Manage a team of content writers, marketing analysts, and IT and creative developers.
- Oversee implementation, operation, and support of IT, information systems, and tools.
- Regularly audit, update, and troubleshoot digital assets to ensure optimal performance.
- Coordinate business applications and managed services needed for digital campaigns.
- Assist clients with installing, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting IT systems.
- Lead and implement transformation initiatives as required, such as server migration.
- Determine appropriate technology plans and tools that drive better metrics and results.
- Ensure security awareness, best practices, and compliance measures to reduce risks.
- Liaise with IT vendors of technology services, and oversee budgets and agreements.
- Develop, manage, and adhere to allocated operational and departmental budgets.
- Copy, edit, and revise communications, and prepare written/presentation materials.
- Identify growth opportunities via PPC, SEO, SMM, PR, and reputation management.
- Analyse acquisition costs and optimization factors with a focus on conversion and ROI.
- Identify and optimise social media assets, social triggers, and branding opportunities.
- Produce, publish, and coordinate delivery of media releases/public relations content.
- Address the media as spokesperson, and arrange interviews and news conferences.
- Analyze and interpret developments and trends, and respond and adjust accordingly.
2008 – Today
President and Co-owner
Manage an outsourced customer support solutions team of 22 staff and 200+ part-time remote workers. My tasks include:
- Hire and lead a team of customer support staff, virtual agents and remote workers.
- Handle an average daily volume of 15,000 cases for clients in a variety of verticals.
- Create and maintain support training documentation and best-practice manuals.
- Assign and monitor responsibilities and tasks, and evaluate/manage performance.
- Conduct CS audits, identify snags and opportunities, and propose recommendations.
- Manage customer expectations, and update them on task development and progress.
- Develop strategic marketing plans and implement business growth strategies.
- Provide guidance in the development of CS/TS methodologies, plans, and programs.
- Develop relationships and liaise with key agents, partners, resources, and suppliers.
1992 – 2008
CEO and Owner
Operate an Internet marketing, SEO, copywriting, and consulting agency specialising in professional services. My tasks included:
- Wrote direct response sales and advertising copy in a variety of media, mostly online.
- Consulted clients on their sales, marketing, branding, and business growth strategies.
- Was instrumental in first campaign ever to produce a million dollars in one day (2004).
- Wrote sales website content, video scripts, salesletters, TV infomercials, and print ads.
- Trained/coached clients on copywriting, marketing, ecommerce, and brand strategy.
- Spoke around the globe at various seminars, conventions, and industry tradeshows.
- Wrote and produced several late-night infomercials that are still running to this day.
- Was directly responsible for generating several millions of dollars in sales in 30 days.
342 Jasper Crescent
Rockland, Ontario (Canada)
Simply, there's no better return on your money than great sales copy. So I did the only rational thing. Ask Michel to rewrite another letter and I joined his membership site so I can continue to improve my own skills.Jeff Mulligan
Click to Read More Testimonials
I also wanted to send a BIG thank you for the amazing critique the other night. I was simply shocked at how much stuff you covered in such a short period of time. You literally went through my whole sales letter and told me specific things I needed to change that could increase my response rate. And that's from a sales letter that's ALREADY converting very high!
Amazing! I'm sitting here with 5 pages of notes with dozens of things I could tweak here and there stuff I would have never thought of on my own. The good news? I started implementing some of the tweaks and I immediately noticed a difference. The conversion went up by 0.5% since. and has brought in over $1,800 in sales within 24 hours after making them.
Keep in mind, I've only used 3 of the things we talked about and I haven't started to advertise the site either (I have a small list of 2,100 or so right now). That one critique taught me things about copy I didn't even realize, some very common mistakes I see all the time by my web design clients, if they made just that one change you talked about I'm sure they'd notice a boost in sales. I can say this for certain, you are one of the top copywriters I've ever seen and your help is proving key to take my business to the next level.
Bottom line? I wouldn't be surprised if those few changes are responsible for over $10,000 (conservative) in profits in my pocket. If anyone is looking to learn how to write better, seeing is believing — and when they see all the value (you offer), they are going to be hooked. It's that good. I'll make sure to buy you a beer when I see you 🙂Dave Mizrachi
I applied what I learned from you and I made more money. I still have so much more to do, to apply all the other tips you've shared. (…) Probably early next year… It will take me that long to polish up my sales letters on the website for my products based on your help. Anyways, thanks!Ken Calhoun
One of our affiliates is pulling a 7.6% and another an incredible 18%! Wow! You are gifted by God to write copy. Some have the gift to sing, some draw… But you, it's writing copy!Stephen Pierce
Who ever said ‘Web copy is the hardest part of your product launched' didn't know Michel Fortin was offering his copywriting services. If they did they would have said something like, ‘With Michel Fortin's web copy, your hardest part of a product launch is keep up with the orders!' Yet again you have proven that your reputation is 100% accurate — the Best!Raymond McNally
I can guarantee you that Michel is now on my short list for copywriters next time a project comes up. He gave, and someday, he will receive. If you're looking for a copywriter who generates results, you should talk to Michel Fortin.Don Crowther
(After a second letter written for this client) … So far the 2nd web salesletter you did is pulling at around 10%! Thank you for a great job!!! In fact, I don't know what we'd do without you… So, don't go getting hit by a bus or anything!Tameka Sowder
Your suggestions were very easy to understand — even for a ‘non-marketer' like me. And the results speak for themselves! Requests for our free reports, subscriptions to our newsletter and website enquiries more than DOUBLED since I implemented your suggestions. I know I can still improve on our copy writing so I will certainly be using your services in the future. I would have no hesitation recommending you to anyone looking to improve their website. In my opinion, the cost is minimal compared to the potential upside.Stuart Weymyss
I will be incorporating ALL your suggestions and sending this piece out again, and using a modified version of it for another market that I'm tackling. By using your suggestions, I'll be able to land those contracts that I want and make a much better income from my business. Thank you again, I can't say that enough. You have challenged me and I appreciate that.Dianne M. Daniels
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different components that go into writing good copy. Well, by the time you get past number 25, you're bored out of your mind and it becomes difficult to continue your lessons. But what if there was a better way? What if you could ‘watch' over the shoulder of a master copywriter as he took existing sales letters, ripped them apart line by line, and then put them back together using secret techniques and knowledge to turn them into automatic cash machines that'll never stop?
Michel Fortin has done just that. (He) lets you watch one of these lessons each month. In fact, the on-screen videos are between 2 and 5 hours long, and they're amazing to watch. I learned more from watching just one of these videos than I have in the past 3 years studying copywriting! After I saw this sample video, I couldn't find the order button fast enough! This really is an amazing way to learn how to write great copy. All your sales efforts will benefit greatly from this powerful resource. Check out the sample video on his website.Joseph Kowal
But you don't have to take my word for it. Get access to a free video sample showing 20 minutes of one of his lessons. Before the film was even half over, I was desperately looking for the button to sign up. It's that good.Pearson Brown
Your critiques are so jam packed with hard selling gems and ad magic that I have yet to watch to more than 1-2 hours on any of them before my hands begin to itch and I have to start changing things on sites I own. So, I would like to say, from the bottom of my non-selling writer's heart, thank you Michel for what MUST be the site that wins the 2004 Internet Grammy award!Kenth Nasstrom
With Michel, you don't just get excellent services and products — you get his astounding depth of knowledge and his unique ability to render complex ideas in simple and easy-to-understand ways. Most importantly, you get an ethical business man who never allows money to compromise his unshakeable values.
If you're on the fence about hiring Michel or purchasing any of his products, take my word for it: you will not be disappointed.Omar Khafagy
I have had the good fortune to work with Michel on a number of projects, in various capacities. And I can tell you that very few people can match his knowledge of sales, marketing and copy; fewer still can add an astute understanding of basic business principles to that marketing mix; and almost none can have all those things PLUS the level of integrity Michel brings to the table.
I trust Michel Fortin implicitly; I would hire him without hesitation; and I recommend him unreservedly.Ray Edwards
His professionalism and integrity is renowned and on top of everything else, he has a big heart and compassion that comes through in all his work and relationships, too. If you have an opportunity to work with Michel, his company, or to get his products I highly recommend that you do so without hesitation.Craig Perrine
He is always ready and willing to give great advice and information. This holds true for those who are brand new to writing copy as well as those who consider themselves ‘seasoned'. If you ever need a top-quality copywriter I highly suggest Michel. And for information about his work and to view the same advice I get for free on a regular basis, check out his Success Doctor website. You won't be disappointed!Kristine Wirth
Since 1992, I've been a challenge-driven marketing specialist who loves all aspects of communications, whether it's marketing messages or digital information. If you would like work with me, email me at [email protected]