Marketing Expert, Copywriter, and Consultant.
342 Jasper Crescent
Rockland, ON K4K 0C9
In a nutshell, for 30 years I've been a successful marketing specialist and digital marketing expert. I'm highly adept at developing profitable marketing campaigns, and I've produced successful integrated marketing communications across multiple platforms. I've even broken many industry sales records.
I'm currently Marketing Director at Inovo Medical, an Ottawa-based medical clinic specialising in Regenerative Medicine and Chronic Pain Management. My goal is to lead the marketing, growth, and expansion of the clinic. I'm responsible for the branding, digital marketing, content, and campaign management.
I’m also President and co-owner of Supportibles, Inc. (formerly Workaholics4Hire), an outsourced customer support solutions provider. I lead a team of remote agents offering customer and technical support services. We handle thousands of cases daily through a variety of support channels, including email, phone, chat, and social media.
While I'm well-versed in all aspects of marketing, my greatest success is as a marketing copywriter and business consultant specializing in digital marketing strategy, including branding, advertising, SEO, SEM, PPC, and SMM. My solid technical experience along with my proven marketing acumen have allowed me to successfully consult thousands of businesses in a wide variety of industries.
As a public speaker, I’ve trained thousands of people and shared the stage with Mark Victor Hansen, Jay Conrad Levison, Jay Abraham, Gary Halbert, and Dan Kennedy, just to name a few. I'm often featured in the media as an expert, and the author of several books and hundreds of published articles. I'm also a webmaster, a WordPress geek, and a translator as I’m perfectly bilingual.
Finally, I hold several Google Certifications and am a member of several industry associations. In addition to speaking at WordCamp and other industry events, I was also a part-time faculty member of Algonquin College's School of Business within their Business Marketing program. I taught and developed curriculum for Marketing Principles, Marketing Management, Professional Selling, eCommerce, and Web Design.
February 2019 – Today
Responsible for the marketing, growth, branding, and expansion of a specialized medical clinic specializing in chronic pain management, regenerative medicine, stem cell therapy, and medical aesthetics. My tasks include:
- Manage the clinic's website, multimedia, blogs, email newsletters, and social media.
- Create and execute a complete marketing plan to increase business for the clinic.
- Frequently analyze the progress and marketing ROI, and adjust the plan as necessary.
- Work with the various areas to create effective marketing strategies and promotions.
- Consistently update the website to educate patients on the processes and benefits.
- Design and edit marketing materials and multimedia for digital and social media.
- Audit, analyze, and improve website traffic with the goal of converting qualified leads.
- Identify markets, develop contact lists, and produce direct mail and email campaigns.
2016 – 2019
Director of Communications, Digital Operations, and SEO Manager
Manage marketing communications at a fast-paced, Google-partnered SEO agency, as well as manage the technology tools for digital campaigns. My tasks include:
- Lead a team of content writers, graphic designers, SEO managers, and web developers.
- Develop, execute, and optimize successful marketing strategies for 35+ client accounts.
- Implement promotional strategies to drive customer engagement across all channels.
- Create and implement complete marketing plans using SEO, SEM, SMM, and email.
- Conduct in-depth marketing audits and collaborate in writing winning sales proposals.
- Research, identify, and analyze key metrics, trends, competition, markets, and KPIs.
- Produce, publish, and coordinate delivery of integrated marketing communications.
- Oversee the deployment of technology tools and resources needed for campaigns.
- Spearhead the design and launch of multiple new business and marketing initiatives.
1992 – 2016
CEO, Owner, and Marketing Consultant
Operated a successful Internet marketing agency offering copywriting, SEO, business coaching, and marketing consulting services. My tasks included:
- Developed and executed successful sales and marketing campaigns in many channels.
- Wrote successful sales and marketing copy in every media, breaking industry records.
- Consulted clients globally on marketing, Internet, and business growth strategies.
- Gave keynotes at seminars, and taught college classes in marketing and ecommerce.
- Trained/coached clients on copywriting, marketing, ecommerce, and brand strategy.
- Delivered hundreds of webinars on marketing, copywriting, business, conversion, etc.
- Created entire campaigns, from branding and direct mail, to email and social media.
- Developed unique promotions and direct mail campaigns generating 65,000+ leads.
- Created positioning strategy and communications plans resulting in increased sales.
2008 – Today
President, Co-owner, and Director of Marketing
Manage an outsourced customer support and technical support solutions company, with a team of 200+ remote workers around the world. My tasks include:
- Grow client-base by creating new branding, marketing, and business-building efforts.
- Lead new customer acquisition campaigns through SEM, advertising, and social media.
- Manage remote customer and technical support agents handling 1,000s of cases daily.
- Conduct customer experience audits, identify snags, and recommend improvements.
- Train and monitor support teams, evaluate performance, and optimize response times.
- Develop training materials for, and relationships with, team managers and key staff.
- Ensure effective support of systems and tools, e.g., helpdesks, phones, chatbots, etc.
Rockland, Ontario (Canada)
Simply, there's no better return on your money than great sales copy. So I did the only rational thing. Ask Michel to rewrite another letter and I joined his membership site so I can continue to improve my own skills.Jeff Mulligan
Click to Read More Testimonials
I also wanted to send a BIG thank you for the amazing critique the other night. I was simply shocked at how much stuff you covered in such a short period of time. You literally went through my whole sales letter and told me specific things I needed to change that could increase my response rate. And that's from a sales letter that's ALREADY converting very high!
Amazing! I'm sitting here with 5 pages of notes with dozens of things I could tweak here and there stuff I would have never thought of on my own. The good news? I started implementing some of the tweaks and I immediately noticed a difference. The conversion went up by 0.5% since. and has brought in over $1,800 in sales within 24 hours after making them.
Keep in mind, I've only used 3 of the things we talked about and I haven't started to advertise the site either (I have a small list of 2,100 or so right now). That one critique taught me things about copy I didn't even realize, some very common mistakes I see all the time by my web design clients, if they made just that one change you talked about I'm sure they'd notice a boost in sales. I can say this for certain, you are one of the top copywriters I've ever seen and your help is proving key to take my business to the next level.
Bottom line? I wouldn't be surprised if those few changes are responsible for over $10,000 (conservative) in profits in my pocket. If anyone is looking to learn how to write better, seeing is believing — and when they see all the value (you offer), they are going to be hooked. It's that good. I'll make sure to buy you a beer when I see you 🙂Dave Mizrachi
I applied what I learned from you and I made more money. I still have so much more to do, to apply all the other tips you've shared. (…) Probably early next year… It will take me that long to polish up my sales letters on the website for my products based on your help. Anyways, thanks!Ken Calhoun
One of our affiliates is pulling a 7.6% and another an incredible 18%! Wow! You are gifted by God to write copy. Some have the gift to sing, some draw… But you, it's writing copy!Stephen Pierce
Who ever said ‘Web copy is the hardest part of your product launched' didn't know Michel Fortin was offering his copywriting services. If they did they would have said something like, ‘With Michel Fortin's web copy, your hardest part of a product launch is keep up with the orders!' Yet again you have proven that your reputation is 100% accurate — the Best!Raymond McNally
I can guarantee you that Michel is now on my short list for copywriters next time a project comes up. He gave, and someday, he will receive. If you're looking for a copywriter who generates results, you should talk to Michel Fortin.Don Crowther
(After a second letter written for this client) … So far the 2nd web salesletter you did is pulling at around 10%! Thank you for a great job!!! In fact, I don't know what we'd do without you… So, don't go getting hit by a bus or anything!Tameka Sowder
Your suggestions were very easy to understand — even for a ‘non-marketer' like me. And the results speak for themselves! Requests for our free reports, subscriptions to our newsletter and website enquiries more than DOUBLED since I implemented your suggestions. I know I can still improve on our copy writing so I will certainly be using your services in the future. I would have no hesitation recommending you to anyone looking to improve their website. In my opinion, the cost is minimal compared to the potential upside.Stuart Weymyss
I will be incorporating ALL your suggestions and sending this piece out again, and using a modified version of it for another market that I'm tackling. By using your suggestions, I'll be able to land those contracts that I want and make a much better income from my business. Thank you again, I can't say that enough. You have challenged me and I appreciate that.Dianne M. Daniels
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different components that go into writing good copy. Well, by the time you get past number 25, you're bored out of your mind and it becomes difficult to continue your lessons. But what if there was a better way? What if you could ‘watch' over the shoulder of a master copywriter as he took existing sales letters, ripped them apart line by line, and then put them back together using secret techniques and knowledge to turn them into automatic cash machines that'll never stop?
Michel Fortin has done just that. (He) lets you watch one of these lessons each month. In fact, the on-screen videos are between 2 and 5 hours long, and they're amazing to watch. I learned more from watching just one of these videos than I have in the past 3 years studying copywriting! After I saw this sample video, I couldn't find the order button fast enough! This really is an amazing way to learn how to write great copy. All your sales efforts will benefit greatly from this powerful resource. Check out the sample video on his website.Joseph Kowal
But you don't have to take my word for it. Get access to a free video sample showing 20 minutes of one of his lessons. Before the film was even half over, I was desperately looking for the button to sign up. It's that good.Pearson Brown
Your critiques are so jam packed with hard selling gems and ad magic that I have yet to watch to more than 1-2 hours on any of them before my hands begin to itch and I have to start changing things on sites I own. So, I would like to say, from the bottom of my non-selling writer's heart, thank you Michel for what MUST be the site that wins the 2004 Internet Grammy award!Kenth Nasstrom
With Michel, you don't just get excellent services and products — you get his astounding depth of knowledge and his unique ability to render complex ideas in simple and easy-to-understand ways. Most importantly, you get an ethical business man who never allows money to compromise his unshakeable values.
If you're on the fence about hiring Michel or purchasing any of his products, take my word for it: you will not be disappointed.Omar Khafagy
I have had the good fortune to work with Michel on a number of projects, in various capacities. And I can tell you that very few people can match his knowledge of sales, marketing and copy; fewer still can add an astute understanding of basic business principles to that marketing mix; and almost none can have all those things PLUS the level of integrity Michel brings to the table.
I trust Michel Fortin implicitly; I would hire him without hesitation; and I recommend him unreservedly.Ray Edwards
His professionalism and integrity is renowned and on top of everything else, he has a big heart and compassion that comes through in all his work and relationships, too. If you have an opportunity to work with Michel, his company, or to get his products I highly recommend that you do so without hesitation.Craig Perrine
He is always ready and willing to give great advice and information. This holds true for those who are brand new to writing copy as well as those who consider themselves ‘seasoned'. If you ever need a top-quality copywriter I highly suggest Michel. And for information about his work and to view the same advice I get for free on a regular basis, check out his Success Doctor website. You won't be disappointed!Kristine Wirth
Since 1992, I've been a challenge-driven marketing specialist who loves all aspects of communications, whether it's marketing messages or digital information. If you would like work with me, email me at [email protected]