Recently, I was tagged on Facebook by a few friends on this new topic, “25 random things about me.” The rules on Facebook are different. I've changed the rules slightly for the blogosphere…
Here are the rules.
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a post with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose five more people to be tagged. You also have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. To do this, you simply link to their blogs so that they know you responded to their tag.
(You may include the above rules in your post so that the person being tagged knows them, too. You may also want to tweet your post to notify them on Twitter, too.)
Let's start with things you may already know…
1. I'm a drummer in a band. I have been playing drums since I was 11 years old (that's 30 years now). You can find out more about it here.
2. I was born with flat feet. Yup, in fact, they're so flat that, when I go swimming and walk around the pool, my feet make sounds as if they were “suction cups.”
3. My father was an alcoholic and, for over a decade now, has been institutionalized with an alcoholism-related mental illness called “Korsakov's Disease.”
4. I can sing a mean karaoke and play piano, too… But just by ear. I'm certainly no Chopin! And the songs I love to play and sing? Crooners. Yup, Sinatra, Bennett, Martin, Righteous Brothers, Buble, etc.
5. While working with a hair transplant surgeon in 1997, I lived in New York City, in downtown Manhattan. My apartment was about two blocks from Carnegie Hall.
6. While in New York, my friend owned the restaurant next door, which appeared in the movie “That's The Ticket,” with Andy Garcia, Andy McDowell and Chris Lemmon (son of Jack Lemmon). (I was there when they filmed it!) My friend was also a systems analyst for a stock broker at the World Trade Center, on one of the upper floors. He called in sick on September 11th, 2001.
7. When I was around 18 years old, I used to have long, blond hair as a drummer in a heavy metal band (and we're talking 80s metal, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, you name it). There's an old picture of me when my hair was just starting to get long.
8. I absolutely despise turnip and get nauseous at the mere sight of the thing.
9. The most sensual, sexy, and attractive part of a woman's body? Her brain. Having an intellectual conversation really turns me on. (Now you know why I married my Soul Mate, Sylvie Fortin. She's a genius!)
10. I was into acting when I was young. I played in many school plays, and even won awards. My favorite one is the one in which I played Jesus Christ.
11. I'm a history buff, through and through. I love learning the history of cultures, languages, religions, and civilizations. Anthropology is one of my favorite subjects. I just love learning where we come from and how we became who we are.
12. I have a photographic memory.
13. I can say, “Hi, how are you? I'm good” in eight different languages.
14. I love Italian-American artists, whether singers or actors, like Frank Sinatra, Dino Martino (Dean Martin), Anthony Benedetto (Tony Bennett), Robert Deniro, Al Pacino, James Gandolfini, Nicolas Coppola (Nicholas Cage, who is related to Francis Ford, by the way), Jon Buongiovi (Jon Bon Jovi), etc.
15. I am a stockings man. Yes, I love a woman in stockings. When Sylvie puts them on before a night out, I need to ignore her or else we'd never end up going to where we were supposed to go. 😉
16. When I was in elementary school, I had a huge crush on a girl. She loved the attention, but her best friend at the time took opposition to this, and kicked me in the testicles during recess once. (Talk about a “crush,” LOL!)
17. I used to love climbing trees. I once fell from a tree at about 20 feet high when I was just seven years old, which is why today I have degenerative disc disease and a stress-fractured spine (i.e., spondilolysis) as a result. I now walk with a cane most of the time.
18. My favorite meal of all time is spaghetti. I love pasta in all its forms, but spaghetti tops the list.
19. I am a hopeless romantic. I love fireplaces, wine, candles, and especially roses. (I love getting roses!) It's my favorite flower. I have a purple rose tattoo on my right forearm that I've had since I was 19 years old.
20. My favorite drink, besides Starbucks Coffee (especially Sumatra) is Jamieson's Irish Whiskey. Either on the rocks or with Pepsi. 😉
21. When I was a kid (about 12 years old), I used to play a role playing game on the “pre-Internet” (a local BBS) called “Scepter of Goth,” which was much like Dungeons and Dragons. I had a 64K Radio Shack computer with a 300-baud modem. I was a high-level Barbarian Chieftain.
22. My nickname, which I had all my life, is Spike. At my last two high-school reunions, most people called me “Spike” and some didn't even remember my real name.
23. Since falling from that tree when I was young, I have a deathly fear of heights. I don't mind flying, but I hate air turbulence with a passion.
24. I wore glasses from a very young age until I was 35 years old, when I had lasik eye surgery. Now I wear reading glasses. (I know, I know… I'm getting old!)
25. Finally, I have a secret crush on Lea Thompson and Molly Ringwald. Yes, I'm a product of the 80s, LOL! A close third is Juliann Moore. (I guess it's something to do with redheads, huh?)
Michel Fortin is a senior marketing specialist, renowned copywriter, and digital marketing expert. For the better part of 30 years, he's produced countless successful marketing communications and profitable campaigns that generated in excess of $300 million in sales. He's broken many industry sales records, including being instrumental behind the first ever “million-dollar day” online marketing campaign in 2004. He's worked with thousands of businesses and entrepreneurs around the world in a wide variety of industries on building their businesses, improving their marketing, and increasing their profits. He's a published author and often speaks at industry events. To connect with him, visit his LinkedIn profile where he is most active.