- I'm the new Director of Search at seoplus+ (Canada), an award-winning digital marketing agency with offices across Canada. We have a team of 40 talented individuals, and I head the SEO and SEM teams.
- I'm currently working with two clients doing light SEO assessments. I now refer all my larger clients and projects to seoplus+ as they have the team and resources to implement things.
- I'm writing my More Traffic Memo™ SEO newsletter to my subscribers but issues are now sporadic due to time constraints. Subscribe to be sure you don't miss any. Once published, articles usually end up on my blog.
- I'm an avid reader and currently reading several books on SEO, marketing, and ADHD (which I've been formerly diagnosed with). The book I'm currently reading now is "ADHD 2.0."
- I'm subscribed to many podcasts, like Edge of The Web Radio and Search News You Can Use (from SEO expert Dr. Marie Haynes from my hometown of Ottawa, Canada). My other favourite is The 2 Bobs with Blair Enns and David C. Baker on creative firms.
- I'm a member of The Traffic Think Tank, a private community and learning academy for SEO professionals and experts, where some top-tier members include SEOs for HubSpot, Shopify, Moz, DropBox, and others.
- I'm also a member of Mindshare Mentorship Group, a private mastermind group of fractional CMOs and senior marketing consultants.
- I'm also a fairly active attendee and participant in various SEO seminars and conferences. This summer I will attend SMX Advanced and MozCon.
I’m open to considering more opportunities for:
- SEO consulting and ongoing advisory engagements.
- Coaching calls one-on-one to give you a quick win.
- Public speaking at conferences or corporate events.
- Being a guest on your podcast, show, or livestream.
- Being a guest lecturer at your school, college, or university.
Unfortunately, my schedule is packed. I'd love to help out, but there are certain things I will refuse and ask that you refrain from contacting me for, including:
- Free advice or pro bono work.*
- Speculative or contingency work of any kind.
- Writing for your publication or blog.
- Partnership or joint-venture opportunities.
- Full-time assistance with anything.
*I might accept some limited commitments working with certain charitable and non-profit organizations in areas that are meaningful to me, such as cancer research, mental health, women's issues, LGBTQ+ issues, and education.
- I'm 100% vegan (both in diet and in lifestyle). I've dabbled in veganism before and was even a vegetarian for years. So removing all forms of animal products from my life is fairly easy for me.
- I'm still learning about my recently diagnosed ADHD and how it affects me. But I also realized that it's the key reason for my unique skillset that so many clients find valuable (i.e., being both creative and analytical).
- I'm a history buff, and I'm deeply fascinated by linguistics and linguistic anthropology; I love learning how language can/has shaped civilizations, cultures, mores, customs, and social constructs.
- I'm a semi-professional drummer and musician, but these days I play mostly from home as my two bands (country and hard rock) are currently on hiatus because of COVID social distancing rules.