What I'm Doing Now
This is my "Now" page, inspired by Derek Sivers, which highlights what I'm working on, looking for, and interested in these days.
Updated August 1st, 2020.
What I'm Working On
- I'm writing my daily marketing emails to my list of subscribers.
- I'm working with eight clients, three of which are ongoing consulting retainer relationships and the others are smaller projects.
- Of those clients, one is beauty business expert Marquetta Breslin, and another is business advisor and former F-18 fighter pilot Ed Rush.
- I'm currently working on the launch of Top Gun Consultant, Ed Rush's newest training program on how to become a successful consultant.
- I'm seriously considering starting my own podcast — if you have any feedback or ideas, let me know.
- I'm currently reading Entrepreneurial You by Dorie Clark and I'm about to start reading Your Next Five Moves by Patrick Bet-David.
- I'm subscribed to a ton of podcasts, but the ones I'm currently listening to are The Business of Authority, 2Bobs, and The Consulting Pipeline Podcast.
What I'm Looking For
I’m open to considering more opportunities for:
- Public speaking at conferences or corporate events.
- Being a guest on your podcast, show, or livestream.
- Paid coaching and consulting engagements.
- One-time, paid coaching calls to give you a quick win.
- Being a guest lecturer at your school, college, or university.
What I'm Not Looking For
Unfortunately, my schedule is packed. I'd love to help out, but there are certain things I will refuse and ask that you refrain from contacting me for, including:
- Free advice or pro bono work.*
- Speculative or contingency work of any kind.
- Writing for your publication or blog.
- Partnership or joint-venture opportunities.
- Full-time assistance with anything.
*I might accept some limited commitments working with certain charitable and non-profit organizations in areas that are meaningful to me, such as cancer, mental health, women's issues, LGBTQ+ issues, and education.
What Inspires Me Lately
- I'm learning more about my ADHD — recently diagnosed at 52 — and how it affects me, how I've managed to cope, and how I can improve.
- I'm a history buff, and I'm deeply fascinated by linguistics and linguistic anthropology; I love learning how language can/has shaped civilizations, cultures, mores, customs, and social constructs.
- I'm addicted to maple syrup and caramel.
- I'm a coffee lover, and recently I've discovered cold brew; speaking of my sweet tooth, I'm in love with Starbuck's Salted Caramel Cold Brew coffee.
- I'm a semi-professional drummer and musician, but these days I play mostly from home as my two bands (country and hard rock) are currently on hiatus due to COVID social distancing rules.