- I'm currently working with six clients, comprising two ongoing advisory relationships, four SEO audits and strategy, and several smaller projects.
- I'm writing my More Traffic Memo™ SEO newsletter to my subscribers. Emails usually end up on my blog. To get a taste, visit my latest posts.
- As an avid reader, I consume vast quantities of online articles and audiobooks (mostly about SEO, marketing, and business). I'm currently reading Flawless Consulting by Peter Block and Trusted Advisor by Charles H. Green (and I’m subscribed to 4,000+ blogs and newsletters).
- I'm subscribed to many SEO podcasts, like Edge of The Web Radio, the Search Engine Journal Show, Search News You Can Use (from Dr. Marie Haynes from my hometown of Ottawa, Canada).
- I'm also enjoying The Business of Authority with Rochelle Moulton and Jonathan Stark; and The 2 Bobs with Blair Enns and David C. Baker.
- I'm a member of The Traffic Think Tank, a private community and learning academy for SEO professionals and experts, where some top-tier members include SEOs for HubSpot, Shopify, Moz, DropBox, and others.
- I'm also a member of Mindshare Mentorship Group, a private mastermind group of fractional CMOs and senior marketing consultants.
- I'm also a fairly active attendee and participant in various SEO seminars, conventions, and conferences. Last month I attended SMX Search Expo and SEJ Summit, and this summer will attend MozCon.
I’m open to considering more opportunities for:
- SEO consulting and ongoing advisory engagements.
- Coaching calls one-on-one to give you a quick win.
- Public speaking at conferences or corporate events.
- Being a guest on your podcast, show, or livestream.
- Being a guest lecturer at your school, college, or university.
Unfortunately, my schedule is packed. I'd love to help out, but there are certain things I will refuse and ask that you refrain from contacting me for, including:
- Free advice or pro bono work.*
- Speculative or contingency work of any kind.
- Writing for your publication or blog.
- Partnership or joint-venture opportunities.
- Full-time assistance with anything.
*I might accept some limited commitments working with certain charitable and non-profit organizations in areas that are meaningful to me, such as cancer research, mental health, women's issues, LGBTQ+ issues, and education.
- I've recently become 100% vegan (both in diet and in lifestyle). I've dabbled in veganism before and was even a vegetarian for years. So removing all forms of animal products from my life is fairly easy for me.
- I'm doing it for personal reasons: partly for my health, partly on moral grounds, and partly for the environment. They all matter to me.
- Don't get me wrong: I love the taste of meat. I will miss it terribly. But I can't, in good conscience, contribute to the mistreatment and murder of innocent animals for the sake of appealing to my taste buds.
- Or as Alex O'Connor said so eloquently on YouTube: "Don't think that I'm blind to the attraction of bacon or steak. But also don't pretend yourself to be blind to the incalculable suffering that was necessary to get these things onto your plate. Ask yourself, is it worth it?"
- I'm still learning about my recently diagnosed ADHD and how it affects me. But I also realized that it's the key reason for my unique skillset that so many clients find valuable (i.e., being both creative and analytical).
- I'm a history buff, and I'm deeply fascinated by linguistics and linguistic anthropology; I love learning how language can/has shaped civilizations, cultures, mores, customs, and social constructs.
- I'm a semi-professional drummer and musician, but these days I play mostly from home as my two bands (country and hard rock) are currently on hiatus because of COVID social distancing rules.